Hey there

Home Forums Community Hey there

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Kyle
      Participant
      • Topics1
      • Replies4

I read the home news. I tend to watch any historical show I can. One of the big reasons I moved on to Chinese TV dramas is I ran out of historical TV shows made in America/Europe. I also enjoy modern setting shows sometimes because they’re sometimes lighter and more innocent than most Western TV shows and that can be a nice change of pace.

CDB
      Keymaster

Hi Kyle, welcome here! 🙂

I believe there are many people like you who love Chinese historical dramas. China produces quite a lot of them after all and there are always some really good ones among them. Are you watching any dramas right now?

Kyle
        Participant
        • Topics1
        • Replies4

I’m kind of looking. My favorites are probably Oh My General and Go Princess Go because it’s a decent mix of comedy, fun, story with some romance.

I tried Bloody Romance but I couldn’t deal with the magic aspect and dropped it a few episodes in.

I’m going back and forth between starting An Oriental Odyssey or Goodbye My Princess but I’m open to suggestions.

BookLover_95
        Participant
        • Topics0
        • Replies1

Hello, I’m kinda new here. I saw you asking some recommendations and thought of recommending “Goodbye My Princess” I am currently watching it and I love it. I would think it’s perfect for Chinese historical drama lovers

Daisy
        Participant
        • Topics8
        • Replies40
        • Casual Participant
        • ★★

Hello! China has a lot of amazing historical dramas but a lot of them have that magic aspect that I guess you’re not really fond of :D. That’s why I’d like to recommend you The Story of Ming Lan . What makes the drama special is that we see the daily life of the noble families unlike most of the historical dramas which are about the royal family and palace intrigues. It’s really well done drama for example in the night scenes they haven’t used any other source of light except candles to film which makes the drama pretty realistic plus it’s not dubbed.

CDB
        Keymaster

I think you would enjoy An Oriental Odyssey for its fun and romance, but unfortunately, there’s magic in this drama as well. Have you tried Mengfei Comes Across yet? It’s a lighthearted historical rom-com.

Kyle
          Participant
          • Topics1
          • Replies4

Personally I’m not entirely against magic but the last several ones I watched had it in them so I wanted to go back to a normal one. Obviously you can’t avoid the basic wuxia, the flying around.

I’m not even really sure about why I was turned off Bloody Romance so quickly. Part of it was definitely the magic but maybe other stuff was bothering me as well like the lead and the bad guys. I may revisit the show in the future but for now I’m going to try other shows.

I’ll definitely give the ones you guys have mentioned 5-10 episodes and stick with the ones I enjoy. Super busy with work these days unfortunately. And only going to get more busy as I go for some professional designations with my spare time.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Kyle.
          • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Kyle.
          Hilary P. Coruna
          Participant
          • Topics11
          • Replies31
          • Casual Participant
          • ★★

historical, dramatic, and has deep meanings! that why im fond of watching chinese dramas

Viewing 7 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.