China is the biggest producer of TV dramas worldwide. With over 400 dramas being released per year, it is very easy to get lost in the Chinese drama info jungle. CdramaBase was launched in April 2017 and aims to become a place where you can find all the info on Chinese dramas that you’re looking for: synopsis and basic info on dramas, release dates, posters and stills (all in one place!), trailers, ratings or more infos on authors behind novels that were adapted to dramas. My goal is to provide you with updates on a regular base, so that the site will continuously grow and become more and more complete with time, turning into a real database!
Want to know who’s behind CDB? Here are some facts about me:
- My name is Alice, I’m in my mid-twenties and currently live in Europe
- I’m not of Chinese origin, but have been learning the language for almost 15 years
- Nor am I a native speaker of English, so please be lenient with my English 😉
- I’ve been watching and loving dramas for about 7 years
- I prefer modern slice-of-life dramas and rom-coms over historicals and wuxia/xianxia (doesn’t mean that I don’t watch or don’t enjoy them at all)
- My favorite Cdramas are Ode to Joy (both seasons), Back In Time and Love Me If You Dare
- My favorite Chinese actors (or actors who play in Chinese dramas to be precise) are Zhu Ya Wen, Wallace Huo, Zhang Yi Shan and Deng Lun
- My favorite Chinese actresses are Ma Yi Li, Wang Li Kun, Janice Wu and Sun Yi (you couldn’t not have guessed that, lol)
- I also enjoy watching other Asian dramas (mainly Korean and Taiwanese)
- I also love reading books and playing squash
- Learning languages and translating is my passion (next to watching dramas, of course)
- I tend to be OCD and love organizing things in lists and stats (yup, I love math!), thus CDB came to be
Found broken links or missing info? Spelling or grammar mistakes? Or just want to drop me a note? Then I invite you to contact me via the form below:
CdramaBase is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.